Practical HR Advice
- For urgent issues as they arise
- Discipline & grievance handling
- Recruitment services
- Bullying & Harassment – Values and Best Practice
- Health & Safety at work
- International dimensions of HR
- Industrial Relations and Trade Union negotiation
Day-To-Day HR Advice as Urgent Issues Arise
Frank Scott-Lennon and his Associates as appropriate will be available to owner managers within SMEs to provide day-to-day advice on urgent issues as they arise within the organisation, such as:
- An urgent disciplinary or grievance matter
- A legal issue that faces the organisation
- A Trade Union claim that un-nerves the organisation
Owner/Managers within SMEs have the benefit of immediately available expert advice on such issues by contacting Frank@HRforSMEs.ie and/or +353 (0)86 256 0082.
Discipline & Grievance Handling
Legislation and required Best Practice have created a veritable minefield in the area of handling discipline; not all Owner/Managers are as skilled as they need to be in this intricate area.
HRforSMEs.ie has extensive experience both of progressive discipline and gross misconduct situations and our experts can directly assist Owner/Managers in the handling of delicate discipline situations and advise on:
- Best Practice Investigation procedures
- Appropriate responses to representation issues
- Specific ways of affording employees their rights of natural justice
All organisations are now required to have clear procedures for employees in respect of airing any grievance that they might have.
HRforSMEs.ie can help SMEs by:
- Putting in place the required procedures and behaviours that would develop Best Practice Grievance handling in their organisation
- Helping Managers realise that expert handling of grievances builds trust with employees
- Assisting in the resolution of grievances at as low a level as possible and as speedily as possible, thereby demonstrating the manager’s commitment to employees
Assisting with recruitment of key staff
Selecting the right team members for your organisation is a critical task for Owner/Managers of SMEs.
HRforSMEs.ie can help in this regard with:
- Clarifying the precise job and personal skills required
- Aiding in the search for candidates that meet the job spec
- Designing interview questions and scenarios that aid the selection process
- Assisting at interviews
Bullying & Harassment – Values and Best Practice
Owner/Managers must be keenly aware of all aspects of their own and colleague behaviour ensuring that none of same gives rise to feelings within employees that they are being bullied or harassed.
HRforSMEs.ie can help SMEs prevent B&H situations through developing:
- Best Practice responses to B&H situations
- A culture where individuals feels they can ‘speak up’
- An understanding of the particular usefulness of mediation processes, prior to investigations
- Ways of protecting the rights of both parties in Bullying & Harassment situations
Health and Safety at Work
Health & Safety at work has become a critical issue for all organisations and HRforSMEs can provide SMEs with specific expertise in the areas of:
- Health & Safety Risk Management
- Achieving a Safety Culture
- Fire Safety Management
- Manual Handling in the Workplace
International Dimensions of HR
Some SMEs focus on the international market to the extent that they employ staff and consultants overseas.
HRforSMEs.ie has experience of helping such organisations:
- Adjust their HR practices to the requirements of the local environment
- Localisation of contracts of employment, as appropriate
- Re-location issues
Industrial Relations and Trade Union Negotiation
Many Owner/Managers are not as familiar as they might be with Industrial Relations procedures and the nitty gritty of Trade Union negotiation.
HRforSMEs.ie has particular experience and expertise within the Industrial Relations area and has advised on and conducted Trade Union negotiations in several SMEs in the areas of:
- Trade Union agreements
- Enhancing flexibility and productivity
- Controlling the role of local representatives
Many SME Owner/Managers are not HR experts. Our service can provide speedy and insightful assistance either in person or by a quick problem solving phone call on HR issues as they arise.
HRforSMEs can provide all of the necessary custom designed documentation such as contracts of employment, employee handbooks, policies and procedures, etc.
HRforSMEs has a particular expertise in developing people and performance based on the firm belief that oftentimes people have more to give than we ask of them.
Many SMEs have faced and continue to face the possibilities of short-time working and redundancy and HRforSMEs has extensive experience of helping SMEs through the difficult aspects of same.